Rechercher dans le forum

Question en attente de réponse

Social number

I am international student coming to study in France in 13 days, I applied for health insurance like month ago and got the temporary certificate and social number.
Do I need anything else, any other additional health insurance while waiting for permanent social number or I am covered the whole time?
Thank you!


  • 1 question posée
  • 0 réponse publiée
  • 0 meilleure réponse

    Les meilleures réponses sont les réponses certifiées par un expert ameli ou approuvées par l'auteur de la question.

Voir le profil



  • 3420 réponses publiées

Ma recette idéale : 4 doses de chocolat, 1 bonne dose d’humour et le tout saupoudr...

Voir le profil

Hello Lorena,

The procedure for obtaining a carte Vitale is more time-consuming as your civil status documents will have to be authenticated by Insee (Institut national de la statistique et des études économiques).

Your health insurance will be the same with the provisionnal number or the definitive one.

You can be reimbursed from your medical expenses by the caisse primaire d'assurance maladie (CPAM) even with a temporary number.

You need to provide the "feuille de soins" (form given by doctor / hospital, etc. for forwarding to the Social Security), medical prescriptions and invoices relating to payments made during your care. You will need to complete your social security number at the top of the claims and send it to your CPAM.

Have a nice day