Rechercher dans le forum

Question en attente de réponse

Social security number

I am a retiree and recently moved to France permanently. I believe I need to get a social security number in order to apply for a carte vitale. Is this correct and how do I obtain my social security number. I have a temporary carte de sejour and expect to get the full one in4 weeks.

  • 1 question posée
  • 0 réponse publiée
  • 0 meilleure réponse

    Les meilleures réponses sont les réponses certifiées par un expert ameli ou approuvées par l'auteur de la question.

Voir le profil

Réponses

Elryn

  • 3 questions posées
  • 27774 réponses publiées
  • 1669 meilleures réponses

    Les meilleures réponses sont les réponses certifiées par un expert ameli ou approuvées par l'auteur de la question.

Voir le profil

You must registered to CPAM as soon as you can justify that you are living in France since 3 months.

You have to download and print this form:
https://www.ameli.fr/sites/default/files/formulaires/168/...

Fill it, join the document required on page 2 and then send all this (by post… not by mail) to the cpam of the département where you are living.

After few weeks (or months…) you Will receive a mail or a letter with your sécurity social number and you will be able to create your ameli account.
You will be allowed also to order a vital card (if you have a smartphone, you can download the app « ameli » and order it from the app: faster and easier).