Rechercher dans le forum

Cette question a été résolue

Apostille Birth Certificate as an Indian Citizen

Hello, I recently applied for social security since I moved to France at the end of April 2026. I got a letter saying that I need to provide additional documents. I have two questions regarding the documents needed in the letter,

"Une copie de votre visa valable a la date de votre embauche"

-The contract that I submitted is a contract from my company in Finland as I was living in Finland at the time of the beginning of the my employment, so my visa of that time is ALSO from Finland. Can I then submit that Finnish visa as asked in the letter? Or the visa I got in France since April 2026 is needed?

"Une copie de votre acte de naissance avec filiation et son apostille. Pour un acte plurilingue, nous vous informons que l'état civil doit être traduit dans les deux langue ou une piece équivalente délivrée par votre ambassade établi sur la base d'un registre d'état civil"

-I already submitted my birth certificate that has the information mentioned in the first statement and it is in English and my mother tongue. Will the passport-based birth certificate requested from the Indian embassy be enough along with this document?

  • IF NOT, will it be enough to provide just the translation of the original certificate by government certified translator into French or do I need to get an apostille for the same.

Thank you!

  • 1 question posée
  • 0 réponse publiée
  • 0 meilleure réponse

    Les meilleures réponses sont les réponses certifiées par un expert ameli ou approuvées par l'auteur de la question.

Voir le profil

Réponse certifiée par un expert ameli

Un expert ameli a validé la réponse ci-dessous.

Hello Whisky91,

To benefit from the health insurance in France, you must prove the regularity of stay from French authorities so I advise you to send back your French visa and a letter explaining your situation. 

Then, regarding your birth certificate, yours must be translated by an official translator and get apostilled. I recommend reading this topic about birth certificate's translation to get more information.

Finally, if you work for a Finish company and live in France, you must be covered in Finland as a contributor there. I advise you to contact you finish health insurance to explain your situation as a borderer and verify which form to submit to France health insurance to be covered as a resident in France but working in Finland.

I wish you a good day.

Ce post vous a-t-il été utile ?

aucun utilisateur n’a répondu à la question pour l’instant