Rechercher dans le forum

Cette question a été résolue

Using the European Health Card while on unpaid research in France for pregnancy check-ups

Hello! I am an EU citizen who is staying in France for one year to do research for my PhD. The research is unpaid, and I receive no income from France; my entire income comes from a research grant from my home country.
I recently found out that I am pregnant. Can I use my European Health Card for doctor's appointments, ultrasounds, blood tests, and even childbirth? If so, what's the procedure? Thanks!


  • 1 question posée
  • 0 réponse publiée
  • 0 meilleure réponse

    Les meilleures réponses sont les réponses certifiées par un expert ameli ou approuvées par l'auteur de la question.

Voir le profil

Réponse certifiée par un expert ameli

Un expert ameli a validé la réponse ci-dessous.

Bonjour pandapanda23,

First, if you receive cares in a public hospital, you should be able to present your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC).

Otherwise, to be reimbursed, you have to send the following documents to the local CPAM in France :
- Copy of your EHIC (European health insurance card);
- care sheets, medical prescriptions, invoices... at your disposal
- a bank identification statement (RIB) with the name and address of your bank, account number, IBAN code and BIC or SWIFT code

You must also provide your residence address abroad.

If you want to give birth in France, just provide your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) to the hospital : your care will then be covered by the health insurance of your country.

For more information, you can visit this website of "centre des liaisons européennes et internationales de sécurité sociale (Cleiss)" : If you travel to another European Union or European Economic Area (Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Norway) member State while pregnant.

I wish you a nice day.

Ce post vous a-t-il été utile ?

aucun utilisateur n’a répondu à la question pour l’instant