Rechercher dans le forum

Cette question a été résolue

La dernière mise à jour des informations contenues dans la réponse à cette question a plus de 5 mois.

How to obtain temporary social security number

Hello, I am a Canadian university student and I will be coming to France this summer to complete a paid internship. Please se my questions below.

1. Just to confirm, the way for me to apply for a social security number is to send the completed "Demande l'ouverture des droits a l'assurance maladie" form with the required documents in the same envelope to my CPAM?
2. Is there anyrhing online I need to do?
3. How will I be updated on if my application is accepted and what time range should I expect before I hear a response?
4. How do I find which CPAM I need to contact?
5. Can I apply while I'm still living in Canada?
6. Do I need a French IBAN or can I provide my Canadian bank account information?
7 . Can I use my long-stay visa BEFORE it is validated to a VLS-TS residence permit for the required documents?
8. Will a rental lease suffice for proof of address?

Thank you!


  • 1 question posée
  • 0 réponse publiée
  • 0 meilleure réponse

    Les meilleures réponses sont les réponses certifiées par un expert ameli ou approuvées par l'auteur de la question.

Voir le profil

Réponse certifiée par un expert ameli

Un expert ameli a validé la réponse ci-dessous.


  • 4190 réponses publiées

Ma recette idéale : 4 doses de chocolat, 1 bonne dose d’humour et le tout saupoudr...

Voir le profil

Hello Nicole,

I invite you to read this topic : New to France : healthcare ?

As well, you can have a look on this website  :

If you come from Canada :

If you come from Québec :

Have a nice day. 

Ce post vous a-t-il été utile ?

0% des internautes ont trouvé cette réponse utile