Rechercher dans le forum

Cette question a été résolue

La dernière mise à jour des informations contenues dans la réponse à cette question a plus de 5 mois.

How to get a social security number and apply for a carte vitale : non-EU nationals

Bonjour, I am Japanese now living in France more than 3 months, considering to applying for the PUMa. I am here with effective long-term visa (visiteur), and non-employed in France.
In order to attein a social security number and a carte vitale, I am thinking of submitting the documents below. But I want to check if these documents are enough for my application.

  • formS1106 "Demande d’ouverture des droits à l’assurance maladie"
  • Copy of my passport
  • Document proving legal residence in France (photocopy of my visa).
  • Copy of Birth certificate translated by a sworn translator (with an apostille).
  • A bank statement with IBAN
  • : Is this bank account statement is acceptable with my husband's account? I do not have my own bank account in France.

    • Proof of residence proving that I have been in France for more than three months (attestation d'hebergement)

    In addition, I would like to ask where should I submit these documents and how (i.e. online? email? send them to local CPAM by post?)
    I tried to call and contact the CPAM’s English or French Advice Lines but it did not work. Thus I appreciate your kind advice on my questions.
    Thank you for your kind consideration.


  • 1 question posée
  • 0 réponse publiée
  • 0 meilleure réponse

    Les meilleures réponses sont les réponses certifiées par un expert ameli ou approuvées par l'auteur de la question.

Voir le profil

Réponse certifiée par un expert ameli

Un expert ameli a validé la réponse ci-dessous.


  • 4770 réponses publiées

Passionnée de séries TV. Piquée d'un soupçon de fantaisie. Et quelque peu gourmande.

Voir le profil

Bonjour Maru,

You will find the steps in order to obtain your social security number on this topic: New to France - healthcare?

You do not have to sent the bank statement, but the bank account details called RIB (relevé d'identité bancaire). If you don't have your own personal account yet, you can send your international bank account details.

You have to submit your application by post, to your CPAM, which address can be found on our website, in "Adresses et Contacts".

Have a good day

Ce post vous a-t-il été utile ?

100% des internautes ont trouvé cette réponse utile