Rechercher dans le forum

Cette question a été résolue

La dernière mise à jour des informations contenues dans la réponse à cette question a plus de 5 mois.

Recently applied for auto-entreprise, not new to france but have current EHIC insurance, need carte vitale

I have recently moved back to France after travelling/studying/working in the UK. I always kept my permanent residence in France as I did not technically "move back permanently" to the UK. However, whilst over there I needed UK insurance (being a British citizen) so I signed up for an EHIC card which is my current insurance. I am 27, a British citizen, and have 15 years of residency in France. I was never given my own social security number due to my age/ student status, so I was on my parents number.
I returned to France from the UK in June and I have recently signed up for an auto-entreprise (so I do not have a salary). I am currently awaiting my SIRET number etc. but I need a Carte Vitale rather urgently. How do I apply for one and what papers do I need? Also, please let me know if I have missed anything out that you need to know.
Thank you for your help.
Regards, Lili.


  • 1 question posée
  • 0 réponse publiée
  • 0 meilleure réponse

    Les meilleures réponses sont les réponses certifiées par un expert ameli ou approuvées par l'auteur de la question.

Voir le profil

Réponse certifiée par un expert ameli

Un expert ameli a validé la réponse ci-dessous.

Hello Lili,

If you were registered under the file of your parents, that means that you already have a social security number.

You can find this number on an old "attestation de droits", on a top-up insurance's card…

If you cannot find any document with the number, you can go to a caisse primaire d'assurance maladie (CPAM) office with your passport and they will tell you what your number is.

Then, I invite you to send to your CPAM the Following documents :

  • A proof of your self-employed status (letter from the Urssaf);
  • The printed S1106 Form "Application for membership in the French health care system", obtainable from the CPAM;
  • Birth certificates for you and your family (wife, husband, children, etc.), the long version one (with the name of your parents);
  • Marriage certificate;
  • For non-Europeans, official translation of the birth and marriage certificates into French, made by an official translator registered on a court of justice here in France, or by the consulate or the embassy;
  • Copy of the passport or ID copies;
  • For non-Europeans, copy of your visas or resident permits;
  • Proof of residency (Utility Bills, rental contract, etc.);
  • Particulars of your bank account (RIB - relevé d'identité bancaire/IBAN). These can be found readily available in your French cheque book;
  • If you have children, copy of their birth certificates and passport or ID with the form S3705 "Application to add minor children to one or both parents insurance accounts"
  • Have a nice day.

    Ce post vous a-t-il été utile ?

    43% des internautes ont trouvé cette réponse utile