Rechercher dans le forum

Cette question a été résolue

Carte vitale

I am a British passport holder. I came to France 1 month ago on Vie privée et Familiale visa with my French husband. I am not working and not receiving UK state or private pension income. As I have not yet reached the retirement age. I understand, that I need to wait 3 months before I can apply for my social security number and then my Carte Vitale.
For various reasons I have not yet purchased a private health insurance policy in France yet. Do I have to have a private health insurance in place in order to receive a Social Security number in France?


  • 1 question posée
  • 0 réponse publiée
  • 0 meilleure réponse

    Les meilleures réponses sont les réponses certifiées par un expert ameli ou approuvées par l'auteur de la question.

Voir le profil

Réponse certifiée par un expert ameli

Un expert ameli a validé la réponse ci-dessous.

Hello Irina,

Private insurance is not required to get a social security number.
However, it's recommended to take out a private insurance while waiting for registration with caisse primaire d'assurance maladie (CPAM) in case you need important care.

If you are coming in France to join your husband, with legal residency in France, you can be exempted from the 3 months period.

You should enclose with your application a proof of residency in the name of your husband (already present in France) and a mariage certificate.

Find the list of documents to provide on this link.

I wish you a nice day.


Ce post vous a-t-il été utile ?

aucun utilisateur n’a répondu à la question pour l’instant