Rechercher dans le forum

Cette question a été résolue

How does a retiree from the US apply for la carte vitale

I am a retiree from the US, living in Paris but have never worked in France. I have a carte de séjour but understand that I need to obtain un numero de securité sociale before I can apply for my carte vitale. Please advise me of the process and where to obtain and submit any necessary forms. Thank you very much for your help.


  • 2 questions posées
  • 0 réponse publiée
  • 0 meilleure réponse

    Les meilleures réponses sont les réponses certifiées par un expert ameli ou approuvées par l'auteur de la question.

Voir le profil

Réponse certifiée par un expert ameli

Un expert ameli a validé la réponse ci-dessous.

Hello Evergreengirl,

Thanks to the universal health protection scheme (PUMa), anyone who works or lives in France on a stable and regular basis for more than three months is entitled to have their health costs covered.

To apply, send the form S1106 "Demande d'ouverture de droit à l'assurance maladie" (application for entitlement to health insurance) together with the following documents to your local health insurance office:

- Copy of passport.

- Document proving legal residence in France (residence permit, visa, etc.).

- Birth certificate translated by a sworn translator (NB: you must provide an apostille on your document).

- Marriage certificate if necessary.

- A bank statement.

- Proof of residence proving that you have been in France for more than three months if you are not employed.

- A photocopy of a payslip or your employment contract if you are employed.

Once your application has been processed, you will receive a provisional social security number.

As soon as your permanent number is available, you can order your Vitale card.

Have a nice day

Ce post vous a-t-il été utile ?

aucun utilisateur n’a répondu à la question pour l’instant