l'Assurance Maladie

Cette question a été résolue


Foreign student (from a non-EU country) planning to study in France: how do I get Social Security coverage in France?

Are you from a non-EU country and planning to come to France to begin your higher education or continue studies that you began elsewhere? Here is how to register for coverage from the French health care system.

This topic applies to you if you are:

- coming to France from a non-European Union (EU) country,

- coming to metropolitan France from New Caledonia or Wallis and Futuna,

- a French citizen born abroad.

If one of the above applies, you will need to register with the French Social Security system in order to be reimbursed for your health care expenses while you are a student in France.

To register, you will need to:

- first enroll at a French institution of higher education,

- and then sign up online at etudiant-etranger.ameli.fr and submit the supporting documents you will be asked to supply.

Additional information is available in the article on ameli.fr: “Foreign student: the French social security registration process

Ce post vous a-t-il été utile ?

Non (4)

Oui (13)


76% des internautes ont trouvé cette réponse utile