Rechercher dans le forum

Cette question a été résolue

La dernière mise à jour des informations contenues dans la réponse à cette question a plus de 5 mois.


I’m a foreign student (from an EU country) planning to study in France: how do I get Social Security coverage in France?

Are you living in another EU country and planning to come to France to begin your higher education or continue studies that you began elsewhere? Check out the requirements for membership in France’s general health insurance scheme.

If you are a citizen of another European Union (EU) country, Switzerland, or the European Economic Area (EU + Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Norway) and coming to France for your education, you do not need to register with a French social security scheme.

Indeed, all you need is a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) or a provisional replacement certificate valid at least through the end of the academic year. These documents mean that your home country’s social protection institution will cover your health care expenses, even if they are incurred in France.

You can apply for your EHIC or provisional replacement certificate through your home country’s social protection institution before you come to France.

To learn more, please refer to our article on “Foreign student: the French social security registration process

Ce post vous a-t-il été utile ?

100% des internautes ont trouvé cette réponse utile